Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Part of My Summer Vacation

It has been about 3 weeks since the beginning of my summer vacation. I think I haven't done anything so much, but I did a few things which I couldn't do in the school term.

I was too busy to watch movies. So I watched some movies :)
I had wanted to watch "Schindler's List" since then I watched a TV program about Oskar Schindler. As you know, the movie is based on a true story. It was too shocking to watch. But I thought that I had to watch it and thought about a historical fact, so I could continue to watch it. I'm hesitating to write about this movie, because I feel it's rude that I say something about the historical fact. So I want to say only that we have to learn a lot from history, and we have to take care not to make the same mistakes.
Thanks to the movie, I could reconfirm the importance of each life. This movie will have been kept in my mind.
As for other movies, I watched Titanic. This is one of my favorite movies.
Every time when I watch it, I can't stop crying. This time, as I expected, I cried and cried. I can't wait to see 3D version Titanic in the theater next year.


By the way, I went to Costco a few days ago. You may know, Costco is an American store. Costco stores are in many countries, and Japan is one of these countries.
I like this store very much, because I can enjoy American style shopping and I can buy many imported foods. At the store,  I enjoyed shopping and I ate a piece of big pizza, a hot dog and a churro x)

::


I couldn't take many pictures, but I'll put some pictures which I took at the store.
Ah, I took a picture of jelly beans bottles. I wanted to get that 1.8kg jelly beans bottle, but I bought a big bag of Hershey's chocolate instead of it x]


I want to write about my visiting to Narita Airport and about Obon, but I already wrote a lot here.
Okay, I'll write about them in another day. Obon will continue until 3 days later, and I'm planning to visit to Narita Airport and Haneda Airport next month x]
I'm sorry, I couldn't write about Japanese culture today. Two weeks later, I'll go to Sumida River Fireworks Festival. The festival is bigger than any other Japanese fireworks festival. Please wait for my writing about the festival with pictures x)

By the way, I wrote about Japanese instant noodles before. After I finished shopping at Costco, I ate ramen and I took a picture of it :)


I have to say sorry about this self-sufficient blog spot.
I'll do my best to write something good next time :)
Thank you for reading. See you again! :D

1 comment:

  1. Good post!
    Some "slice-of-life" things are needed from time to time.
    Liked your Costco pic. Costco looks more like some warehouse than shop. Nothing kawaii, but I guess useful for buying needed things. Pizza btw looks great.I think it was tasty too^^
    Thank you for picture of ramen. Never had such ramen here, but I've found one place where they promised me ramen "like in Japan" We'll see...
    Cannot wait to see your pics and rants about Sunida fireworks!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete