Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cultural Events

Last week, I went to Tokyo three times.
On Wednesday, I attended to Peko-chan museum. On that day, I went to Ginza and Ueno.
About Peko-chan Museum, please read my previous post.

On Friday, I went to Harajuku to attend World Travel Expo 2011 with my friend.
About this event...honestly, it was not so good. The number of countries which participated to this event was very few.
We had a lunch lightly at the event, and then we went out from the venue.




Ah, by the way, when I went to Askusa last time, I decided to say hello to foreigners if I have a chance to talk to foreigners.
In Asakusa, foreign girls sit down next to me. I wanted to say hello to them soooo much. But I was too shy to do that XD So I decided that. lol
At this international event, I said hello to a foreigner....but his reply was this "atsui desu ne" This means "It's very hot, isn't it?"
Oh my...he talked in Japanese!!! XD

Okay, I turn the story back. After lunch, we went to a cafe which is selling Northern European goods. We ate Swedish snacks with Swedish tea at the cafe.
While having teatime, we decided to go to IKEA which is located near our town.  In the end, we went to IKEA, and we enjoyed shopping and dinner.
Our purpose was World Travel Expo, but we enjoyed shopping at IKEA rather than that event. lol
Of course, I ate Swedish meatballs :] All dishes which I had for dinner were so delicious, and I was glad that I could many Swedish goods x)
I want to go to IKEA with my family next time :]




Next day, I attend to Sumida-river Fireworks Festival! This festival is bigger than any other fireworks festival in Japan.
They launched 20,000 fireworks.
When I arrived to a meeting place of my friend and me, I got an email...
"I'm so sorry, I can't go to the festival"
....What!?!?!? DD:
I was really sad, so I wondered if I'd go home soon. But the sound of fireworks changed my mind, and I walked to a nearby place of the launch.
I could see the sparks blowing up and hear the big sound of fireworks.
There were so many people at that place. So I walked a bit away from there and I watched fireworks on the road.
I took a video of fireworks, and I uploaded it on YouTube. So I put it here :]
I was so sad when I got an email, but in the end, I was really excited and happy x)


I have about a month left as my vacation. So I want to visit to soooo many places until the end of my vacation :]
...I already have many plans to go out with my friends. lol
Well, thanks for reading. See you again! :D

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for interesting story once again!
    Nice photos and nice video too^^
    Was very interesting for me to read the story about how you tried to talk with foreigners - I usually take a chance when I have. There lots of people here in summer - mostly from Germany or Finland. Very small amount of Asian people - and very rare from Japan T_T
    Hope to read your new adventures soon!

    ReplyDelete