Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Japanese Stores

Yesterday I went to a grocery store to get ingredients for dinner. While taking pictures, I thought about Japan objectively. At the store, peaches were being sold so cheaply. These peaches came from Fukushima, so these were so cheap. The problem of radiation contaminated foods is very serious. However many Japanese people are eating foods without care about the problem of radiation. It's really horrible.


I like this sushi picture. This is colorful and appetizing! :D




By the way, a few days ago, I took some pictures at a convenience store. When I was a high school student, I worked one year at a convenience store. There are many latest foods and goods at convenience stores :)


Drinks
                         

Leaving that aside, I think Japanese people stick to things' appearance. So people are apt to buy cakes which have good appearance rather than the taste. lol 
I think that's why we use hiragana, katakana and kanji. Katakana and kanji make sentences more stylish. haha :)
"Kawaii" became a universal word. Japanese beautiful traditional culture and kawaii culture must have been made from the habit of sticking to appearance. I'm proud of this habit x))

At the last, I got a cake of soap as a souvenir from my shop manager yesterday. The shop where I'm working at was elected as one of the best 20 McDonald's shops. So he was invited to a party which was held in Singapore. About Singapore, I was going to travel to Singapore as a school trip. But we traveled to Malaysia due to a price increase.
The trip to Malaysia was very good. I want to write about the trip another day :)


If you have any questions about my pictures, please ask me ;)
See you :D

8 comments:

  1. Nice entry, quite informative and with good colorful pics.
    I liked the sushi pics too (and watermelons) Why are they sold as small pieces? Here now they cost $0.25 a kilo.
    What surprised me is what a big choice of instant noodles you have. We have only two or three types to choose from and never such big bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Shirokij
    Thanks for your comment.
    In Japan, some vegetables and fruits (like cabbage, pineapple and watermelon) are cut and sold. Of course, they are also sold without being cut.
    Indeed, there are many kinds of instant noodles in Japan. That picture is showing a part of them. There are more and more (maybe it's about three times or more) kinds of noodles. There are not only ramen but also soba and udon. If you eat a bit expensive instant ramen, you'll be surprised. Because it’s like real ramen x)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are something around 3 kinds of instant noodles in my state, and I hate each one of them. D:
    I mean, they taste awful. ><'
    There's a kind of noodle they sell in Brazil which is a bit good, but I don't recall it's name. It's like "udon", I think, and it's sorta expensive.
    Watermelons, melons and other fruits that are "big" are sold cut and not cut in Brazil too.

    Which is the fruit Japanese people like the most? Do they sell papaya in there?

    I love orange and orange juice.
    Do you like grapes? My city is known by it's great grapes production. x]

    Hm... Is any Brazilian product sold in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Enma
    Thanks for your comment :)
    According to a questionnaire survey, Japanese people like strawberries the most. Second is Japanese oranges, third is peaches, and Japanese pears and apples are followed.
    I heard that sometimes foreigners are surprised when they see Japanese pears. Because it have same shape as apples, but its color is yellow ocher. So foreigners take it for yellow ocher apples which are eaten in summer x] I put a link of an image :) http://bit.ly/r7IWPB
    Papaya!! They sell papayas :D We eat papayas with a bit of lemon juice :] It's yummy :)
    As for Brazilian fruits, recently, Japanese people drink acai berry juice :] Moreover people like passionfruit juice and guava juice :D
    We drink them as juice, but it's rare that we eat them.
    Oh, I like grapes so much!! :D I like both eating and drinking them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *O*
    Wow, Japanese Pears are so DIFFERENT! *O*
    I'd like to taste them, even if they have the same taste as ours, what they probably don't.
    Thanks for the photo.
    Oh, and, have you ever tasted Guaraná? :]
    The fruit: http://www.brasilescola.com/upload/e/guarana.jpg
    A soda made of guaraná (called "guaraná" lol):
    http://brasileirinho.unblog.fr/files/2008/06/ga.jpg
    And a soda made of guaraná AND açaí (this one I like the most, but I prefer juices than sodas):
    http://inmetra.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/guarana.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Enma
    Haha!! Yeah, Japanese pears are so different. Their taste is also so different XD The feel of it while you're chewing is like that of apple. But its taste is...hmmmm....I can't explain! XD

    I haven't tasted guaraná yet :| Guaraná Antarctica soda cans are being sold in an imported food store near my house :D I'll try to drink it as soon as I can x]
    I also want to try drink of guaraná with açaí. But they're not selling it :'( It's a pity x| Anyway, I'll try to drink guaraná soda :]

    I saw the guarana plant for the first time :D Thank you for putting links :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, now I wanna eat them even more! D:
    Guaraná is good. It's a natural energetic, so it's good to drink when you're feeling lazy. Even more during hot dais. But, be aware, it is a sweet drink.
    Oh, I think guaraná with açaí isn't sold anymore even here, so you're probably never gonna taste it... I'm sorry for showing you it. ><'
    I hope you like guaraná. Tell me when you try it. ^^

    ReplyDelete